London is a massive melting pot of flavours when it comes to food. And Brick Lane, in particular, provides a perfect sampling of just what’s on offer. Here you’ll find an amazing blend of Chinese, Japanese, Punjabi, Italian, Iranian, Swedish, French, British (of course), Thai, Turkish, and Transylvanian dishes!
Trabblr has teamed up with Walk. Eat. Talk. Eat. to offer a fun and delicious group food tour along Brick Lane. The group will take a stroll around the streets of E1 with a local guide while sampling and savouring some of the following along the way:
• Fish & chips, but not just any fish & chips – the fish & chips recently voted the best fish & chips in the country.
• Italian street food, which will transport you to the sunny climes of the Emilia Romagna region of Italy.
• The buzz, clatter, chatter, and of course the food and drink from far flung places, courtesy of Brick Lane food market.
• The infamous Brick Lane bagels, like no bagel you’ll have had before, from one of the only Jewish eateries left in East London.
• Fresh, flavourful Thai food from the world’s only pop-up shopping mall.
In between bites, your guide will provide some interesting anecdotes on the history on the area. You’ll visit what was once London’s most dangerous slum, see where Jack the Ripper went about his deadly business, and spot the ultra modern street art. Your guide will also point out the best places to shop, drink, and generally enjoy yourself in the area.
Come hungry and we’ll make sure you leave happy, full, and with a few new friends!
The price includes the food and drink arranged at each stop along the tour. It's thirsty work, all the walking and eating, so it's best to bring a bottle of water with you too.
The group should meet outside Shoreditch High Street station.