If you've come to Tanjong Pagar Distripark looking for contemporary art galleries in an artsy space and instead find a non-descript industrial warehouse standing stubbornly in front of you, then you know you've come to the right place. Find your way in, head up to the second floor, open the sterile industrial-like doors and you'll find yourself face-to-face with some of Singapore's most forward-thinking art galleries.
There are five galleries at Tanjong:
- ReDot Fine Art Gallery, which specializes in Australian indigenous art.
- L2 Space, which devotes itself to fine art photography.
- Fortune Cookie Projects, which brings work by emerging artists from the East and West.
- Valentine Willie Fine Art, which represents regional, Southeast Asian art.
- Galerie Waterton, which features paintings paintings from Southeast Asian established and emerging artists.
Meeting point: Tanjong Pagar MRT station Exit A. From there you can take bus 80 or 145 together from the bus stop outside Amara Hotel to the Distripark on Keppel Rd. It's opposite the Old Malay Railway Station.